365 Days.

When I first started Project 365 -- taking a photo a day, every day, for an entire year -- I was mostly excited about the very end. When it was all over, I would have a photo journal of a very special year.

Today, the last day, I wanted to take a picture of the sky. But instead of looking up, I found the best views looking down. Just goes to show how this project has taught me to look at everything differently, from every angle, and find simple beauty.

365.365

In 2010, I watched the seasons change full circle. I learned to appreciate winter for its calming silence, spring for its birds chirping and flowers and life, summer for its lush smell and long days, and fall for its colors and mild weather.

7.365
91.365
160.365
296.365
355.365

I baked my first muffins, ran outside breathing the fresh spring air, said hello to my new niece in California, and said goodbye to a wonderful woman in Illinois.

2.365
42.36544.365
48.365
76.365
95.365
125.365 

I went to Mexico to watch my sister get married, lost 12 pounds and kept it off (kind of), ate fresh veggies from the farmers market, and spent time at a lake house in Michigan with family and friends.

148.365150.365
152.365
158.365181.365195.365
196.365213.365
248.365 

I married the man I love, on a cool fall day, on the best day of my life. So far.

268.365 

And before I knew it, the holidays were here, and we all found ourselves wondering where the time went.

329.365
345.365

That's my year in pictures for you. Just a handful of favorites, each that brings a memory, a story, an emotion, a big event, a routine, a first, a last, an only. And hidden among these favorites are the boring days in between, of course. There were more of those than I'd like to admit -- days when I'd take a photo just to take it, and I'd think to myself, "Here I am, on a Friday night, taking another photo of my cat." And there are the four days that I missed, which I don't think is too bad considering the grand total.

I wish I had the right words to give 2010 the proper send off, something that would tie the whole year together in some inspiring life lesson. But if a picture is worth a thousand words, then I think I've said enough.

Happy New Year!

(You can see my entire year in photos here.)

Comments

  1. such a wonderful year end photos, well done !
    your 2010 is awesome ! Happy New Year ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've inspired me. I'm starting MY Project 365 tomorrow. Thanks for sharing...you always take such beautiful photos.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a wonderful year

    i hope that 2011 is just as wonderful for you - happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great photos!

    good job completing project 365!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, all! Thanks for cheering me on through 2010, and here's to an awesome '11!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year, Jacqui! Your collection of pictures is lovely, as always :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Justin and NicoleD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're such a talented photographer, Jacqui -- I've said it before and I'll say it again. Thanks for sharing your Project 365 with us. This was such a cool way to commemorate your (incredibly) momentous year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've loved following along. Happy new year, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maddie and Jess - Thank you always for your encouraging words, ladies. It means so much to me. Here's to another great year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment